Monday 20 June 2016

Mango and Vanilla Layered Panna Cotta


Hello all, this is my very first post; from past few months very idea of starting my own blog was on my mind. Finally I took the call and started my own food blog. 

In many households in India there is a belief that whenever we start anything new we should make something sweet at home or we buy sweets from outside. Since I am writing my first blog I thought why not start with a dessert which is very easy and quick to make.

Summers are coming to an end soon and very soon monsoon shall hit. Before mangoes go out of season I wanted to make something special with them and I came across pannacotta recipe in one of the episodes of Master Chef. Another reason was my daughter, she likes mangoes and I wanted to make something special for her.

Here goes the recipe, easy and quick to make perfect dessert for guests.





PREPARATION TIME: 10MINS
COOKING TIME: 15MINS
SETTING TIME : 5-6 HOURS
SERVES: 4

INGREDIENTS:

For Mango Layer:
Mangoes - 3 to 4 medium size chopped
Sugar - 2 tablespoon
Gelatin - 1 tablespoon

For Vanilla Layer:
Cream - 1 cup
Milk - 3/4 cup
Gelatin - 1 tablespoon
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Vanilla Essence - 2 tsp

METHOD:

For Mango Layer:
1.Take 1 tablespoon gelatin in a bowl, add in 3 tablespoon of water and let them soak for 5 Min's.
2.Now heat them on low heat till it is melted.Set aside.
3.First make the mango layer, take mangoes in a blender, add in sugar and puree it.
4.Add gelatin mix in and puree again. pour this into small moulds and put it in freezer for 30 Min's to 1 hour. Let them set.
5.Once the mango layer is set, lets make the vanilla layer.

For Vanilla Layer:
1.Take 1 tablespoon gelatin in a bowl, add in 3 tablespoon of water and let them soak for 5 Min's. Now heat them on low heat till it is melted.Set aside.
2.Take milk, sugar in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
3.Now take it off the heat and add in cream, vanilla and gelatin mix. Mix well.
4.Pour this over the mango layer and let it set in fridge for 3 to 4 hours.

NOTES:
1. Ensure mango layer is set only then add vanilla layer otherwise there will be chances of mixing of both the layers.
2. Add cream only once pan is off the gas otherwise cream will turn into ghee.

No comments:

Post a Comment